After four long months of waiting (due to my being busy with sekrit work), script.aculo.us 1.6.2 is now out!
It’s a mostly-bug-fix-only release, so don’t expect any major oohs! and aahs! here, but sure get it. It’s recommended for all users, and addresses various more-or-less cosmetically issues, besides a memory leak bug with Draggables and an endless loop in the Slider code.
Anyway, big, big thanks to all contributors who continue to do patches and bug reports! Hopefully the trac will be up to speed soon (new server is coming!). If you should have any issues, please report it to the rails-spinoffs mailing list.
Updates and fixes:
- Fix a problem in the drag and drop logic if an reverting/drag ending draggable was initialized for a new drag (for example by clicking repeatedly) for all cases where the default start/revert/end-effects are used, fixes #4706 [thx tecM0]
- Fix possible memory leaks with Draggables, fixes #3436 [thx aal]
- Throw nicer errors when requires script.aculo.us libraries are not loaded, fixes #5339
- Make slider handles work when not displayed initially by using CSS width/height, fixes #4011 [thx foysavas]
- Update sortable functional test with onUpdate counter
- Make more Element extensions unit tests work on Safari
- Add the assertMatch unit test assertion for asserts with RegExps [thx Ian Tyndall]
- Fix a problem with Effect.Move causing “jumping” elements because of very low float numbers in some situations
- Fix a missing semicolon in dragdrop.js, fixes #5569 [thx mackalicious]
- Fix a slight inaccuracy with Effect.Scale that could lead the scaling to be one pixel off
- Be more prototypish with Effect.Transitions.linear
- Make Effect.Scale recognize font sizes that use the pt unit, fixes #4136 [thx aljoscha]
- Fix IE hack in Effect.Opacity, fixes #5444 [thx nicholas]
- Fix IFRAME layout fix for IE and Autocompleter, fixes #5192 [thx tommy skaue]
- Fix only option in onEmptyHover, fiex #5348 [thx glenn nilsson]
- Fix Effect.BlindDown and SwitchOff handling of supplied callbacks, fixes #5089 [thx martinstrom]
- Fix a problem with field focus on Ajax.InPlaceEditor and loading external text, fixes #4988, #5244 [thx rob]
- Do not attempt to scroll if scrollspeed is 0/0, fixes #5035 [thx tomg]
- Fix a problem with Sortable Tree serialization, fixes #4939, #4688, #4767 [thx Sammi Williams]
- Fix an endless loop with sliders, fixes #3226, #4051, #4765 [thx jeff]
- Make autocompleter work with update DIVs that have scrollbars, fixes #4782 [thx Tommy Skaue]
- Corrected options parsing on switchoff effect, fixes #4710 [thx haldini]
Also, this version of script.aculo.us is now included with Edge Rails (as of changeset 4765), and should be part of the upcoming (as in “when it’s ready”) Rails 1.2 release.
Next up: Planning the script.aculo.us 2 release… 😉Tweet